Saturday, February 7, 2009

Moe's for Vegans

Today I went on a five mile hike. That's right, I hiked in the woods (at Tannehill State Park) for five miles. About two and a half hours of solid walking. Despite the slightly sore leg muscles, I haven't felt this good in a while. And I got to see lots of that beautiful February foliage.

I felt I needed to reward myself afterwards, and the first instinct I felt was "about five chicken soft tacos from Taco Bell." But I resisted the urge, and went for a burrito at Moe's instead. My usual at Moe's is chicken with lots of cheese and that spicy ranch sauce on top. Not today, of course. I ate a tofu burrito with lots of pico de gallo, and no cheese. And it was a junior; to eat the big 'un wouldn't be good for the liver. The worst thing you can do for your liver that doesn't involve bourbon or Loritabs is to overeat.

We all know by now that Moe's burritos are never vegan; the tortillas contain eggs, milk, or both, or something like that. But dammit, I did the best I could. And their tofu is pretty darn good.

No comments:

Post a Comment