Saturday, December 27, 2008

Change of Plans

I've decided to start on January 4th instead of the 1st. It is so much better to start something on the first day of the week, especially since my lunch of choice is usually leftovers from the night before. (With all fairness, I don't have to work on New Year's Day, but still... don't bore me with technicalities!) I have been putting together a cute little grocery list, which I'm currently working on typing out to take to the grocery store. If that sounds a little Martha Stewart-like, let me inform you that I spent this entire morning decobwebbing my apartment. It's a 70 year old building, sure, but that's a lot of cobwebs that I've allowed to accumulate.

And also... my boyfriend bought me a juicer for Christmas! Woohoo! It's a little Black and Decker model, not extremely expensive (there are $800 models out there), and best of all it's VERY easy to clean. My parents owned a juicer that they very rarely used because it was not. And it makes delicious juice. We juiced two oranges and a big chunk of papaya this morning; I think the nectar of the gods probably tasted similar.

There is however a lot of derision about juicing. Some say it's the best (only?) way to deliver ALL of our necessary vitamins; others suggest that it discards the fruit's fiber while retaining its sugar. All I can say is that it's one of the best gifts I've received in years- and for a vegan detox diet it definitely can't be bad to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment