Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I Can't Wait!

Ah, New Year's Eve. Wearing plastic tiaras and strings of tinsel as scarves, drinking the annual glass of champagne followed by shots of well tequila, counting down to zero right before French kissing complete strangers... when you begin to reach the age where people start sending you birthday cards with cute drawings of tombstones it starts to seem a bit asinine. Which is why I will more than likely say goodnight to 2008 by ordering a pizza, watching an old movie or two, and going to bed before midnight. Don't laugh. You'll be old soon.

But it's funny... I was at one point really dreading this personal test that I am about to undergo, but now I can't wait to do it. I can just feel the toxins building up in my system. I just know that once my body gets back to being healthy I will feel like going to the gym every day, working on some paintings, getting my freelance work back on track, cleaning my house more often, writing and visiting my old friends, and all of those things I've been too depressed and tired to do. (Or it may be the sugar rush from the Christmas season, which STILL hasn't died down yet. And I have a whole bowl of stocking stuffers that I have to eat before Sunday lest they go stale.)

Four more days and I'll be on the road to being clean! Woohoo!! Tofu, adzuki beans, milk thistle tea, here I come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment