Monday, February 2, 2009

Day 30: Dinner

There ain't nothing like macaroni and cheese... at times I would go as far as saying it's my favorite food. I like to bake mine in the oven, with gruyere, grated parmigianino, and lots of crunchy bacon. In fact, Kraft mac and cheese in the blue box with Bacos on top isn't all that bad either. But I will tell you one thing about vegan "macaroni and cheese"- it sucks like a tornado.

Don't ask for the recipe; I can't bare to reprocess it in my mind. But I did use quinoa noodles, which would have been yummers if eaten with only a little butter, and as far as the nutritional yeast that gives it its distinctive chreese texture and "flavor," it can be mistaken for parm when sprinkled in moderation atop pasta salad but one should never- NEVER- make any recipe that calls for a full cup. So if you can't live without your mac 'n cheese, don't become vegan. Cruelty-free should be about ending misery.

No comments:

Post a Comment