Friday, January 30, 2009

Day 26: Dinner

So I had a bit of a junk food night. Shoot me.

I finally found a brand of vegan buffalo wings. They're made by Health is Wealth, and they're all natural enough to find a place at Whole Foods Market. Unlike Morningstar Farms, Health is Wealth makes an effort to form their goods into actual buffalo wing shapes. Or little guitar shapes, you be the judge. Also unlike Morningstar Farms, they're not really all that good. Very tough and sinewy, like the gristle on a real buffalo wing, and not nearly spicy enough for my taste. I really wouldn't recommend these, to tell the truth. 

What was much better about the meal was the homemade almost fat free french fries. They were delicious. And simple to make; cut up a couple of potatoes into french fry shapes, spray with vegan butter-flavored spray, douse with salt and pepper (I used paprika too), and broil for 20 minutes, turning after ten. Yummy with ketchup! You can also experiment with garlic, Italian seasoning, or any spices you prefer.

I also succeeded in making a good homemade vegan ranch dressing for the wings. Whisk together 1/2 cup of vegan mayonnaise with about 1/4 cup unsweetened soy milk, and sprinkle in a generous amount of pepper, onion flakes and garlic powder. Better than the real thing, and much fresher.

No comments:

Post a Comment