Friday, January 23, 2009

Three Weeks Later (Almost)

Oh boy. I think I have gotten to the point where I'm not craving meat. The occasional cheese craving I have not become elusive to yet. In fact, today I really had a hankering for a goat cheese, pear and walnut sandwich on cracked sourdough, like they serve at Chez Lulu. I know such a thing sounds bizarre, but I ordered one on a whim once and I was hooked. I went and bought a wheel of extra-creamy fromage de chèvre and a loaf of extra-fancy bread so that I could have one at three in the morning whenever I felt like it. I just want to spread that buttery soft cheese on a slice of bread and then lick the knife clean. Oh well... it'll pass.

I am not cooking tonight. I have so many leftovers that I'm going to just save some money on groceries next week. On a positive note, someone at work today asked me if I had lost weight. Woohoo! I have made the plunge from 164 to 158, though my clothes don't fit any better yet. I have also made it my goal to hit the YMCA every day instead of just whenever I feel like it, even if it's just for fifteen minutes on the elliptical. And tomorrow I'm waking up early for the 8:30 am Pilates class. Okay- now that I've written it I had better do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment