Sunday, January 4, 2009

Day 1: Breakfast


Here's a picture of this morning's breakfast. (As you can see, I'm not a professional photographer or food stylist. Oh well.)

I ate amaranth with flaxseeds and walnuts, with a glass of papaya apple juice. The amaranth I cooked in a thermos overnight. The package said that a serving size was a quarter cup, which just didn't sound like enough, so I made a half cup. Big mistake... this stuff swells. I ended up with more than I could eat, but I did manage to eat half of it.

Amaranth is something that both my palate and stomach will need to get used to. I think it would be much better with a couple pats of butter, but that's off  limits, of course. And as soon as I finished the half bowl that I ate, I could feel the cogs moving in my intestines. Indigestion is imminent. Just like how in two months, after I've eaten this stuff every day, the leisurely brunch I have at the Original Pancake House will churn my insides.

My first taste of nutritious whole food veganism. Yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment