Monday, January 5, 2009

Day 2: Breakfast

I think I have decided that I don't like amaranth. It's too bland! I'm convinced that it might have potential if seasoned properly. Butter's out of the question, sugar's out of the question... I found a recipe for amaranth "grits" containing garlic and salt and cooked in vegetable broth instead of water. I might try that, and also experiment with some others. If I just can't get it to taste palatable, then I'm not going to be able to eat it much longer. I will have to experiment with others, such as quinoa and millet. And if I can't find a proper whole grain cereal that doesn't suck, then I will have to either resort to organic whole oatmeal or find an acceptable cold cereal that I'll eat with soy milk. "Acceptable" would mean organic, whole grain, high in fiber, high in protein, no added sugar or artificial sweeteners... hmmm, anybody got any ideas?

I'm also going to have to find a means to grind my flaxseeds. When whole, they make anything gag-worthy; I'm reminded of their origin as an oil paint binder.

No comments:

Post a Comment